Monday, August 08, 2005

May I have the officer on duty?

Yesterday afternoon we heard a knock at the door. It was a policeman responding to a 911 call from our house. Well, none of us had called 911, so we were quite confused as to what was going on.

The caller was reported as being Yours Truly (our phone bill is in my name). Well, I waved at the policeman and said, "That's me, but I didn't call."

He stared me straight in the eye and asked if everything was okay.

That was when I started taking inventory. Hmmm, smooth, shaven face.... short brown hair.... typical policeman look..... piercing blue eyes..... very fine laugh lines.... probably about 30 years old..... over 6 feet tall..... average build..... omigod, there's got to be SOMETHING I can complain about so this man can come rescue me!!!!

It grieves me to no end that there is nothing wrong. Dammit. "Everything's fine."

He was finally satisfied and left.

We pieced together that our 5yo, who had been playing a computer game in my bedroom, had decided to test what he'd heard at preschool and picked up the phone by the computer and dialed 911. He hung up and the 911 operator called back, but when the phone rang, I was working in the kitchen and didn't want to be bothered, so I unplugged the phone and went on about my business. After the officer left, I went to that phone and pressed redial. I told the operator what I believed had happened.

But if I ever have a real problem, like a cat up my pine tree, please send Officer Hottie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home