Thursday, June 09, 2005

Mean Girls

My 6-year-old daughter conveyed a tale of terror to me last night at the supper table. She and her 9-year-old sister were sharing a video game with a 7-year-old friend, Nick. I was never clear on exactly what it was that Nick was doing, but the saga began with my older daughter admonishing Nick to not cheat. This apparently angered Nick, so he yelled at my 9-year-old and kicked her.

Well, this angered my 6-year-old, and she turned to Nick and said, "Don't you kick my sister!" And she kicked Nick.

So Nick turned and kicked my 6-year-old.

So then my 9-year-old joined the fray and kicked Nick, too.

To hear my 6-year-old tell it, my daughters turned Goodfellas on poor Nick. I envisioned him as a bloody pulp on the floor at circle time.

"Is Nick okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," my 6-year-old said, "He wants to know if he can come to my house and play on Saturday."

Sounds like an offer I can't refuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home